Many hyperlinks are disabled.
Use anonymous login to enable hyperlinks.
- No Advertising
- No monetization
- No affiliate links
- No tracking or analytics
- Not a financial advisor.
I'm not a financial advisor and have no legal relationship with the SEC or other financial regulatory bodies. I'm happy to talk about my decisions in my life and what I think will work best for you, but the decision(s) are ultimately yours and yours alone.
The server does normal web server logging, which includes your IP address and the page you visited. This information is kept for roughly 2 weeks, and is only used to block bad actors, troubleshoot/diagnose issues, etc. It is not used to track your movements, or even track you across this site. We have no idea how many visits this site gets, we do not look through the logs for this information.
An example log line:
188.8.131.52 - - 14/Dec/2019:09:17:38 +0000 "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 262 "http://ziefi.com/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.71 Safari/534.24"
What it means:
- 184.108.40.206A visitors IP Address
- - -
- The remote user, if any will be between the - -. Notice no user information is sent in this example. If it's not empty the client is probably broken, as nobody uses this field in practice.
- 14/Dec/2019:09:17:38 +0000
- The date/time of the web request
- "GET / HTTP/1.1"
- The type of request(GET) The path requested (/) and the protocol used(HTTP/1.1)
- The status of the request, 200 means everything went OK
- The amount of data the server sent back in bytes
- The referrer, or what the client decided to send on how it came to this url/website.
- "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.71 Safari/534.24"
- The User Agent. Or what the client sends on every request saying what sort of client is requesting it, As you can see this came from FireFox on a Windows 64bit computer, or at least told us it was
Note: The information sent along with the request, like the referrer, user agent, etc is not something we ask for, it's part of the protocol and is sent *everywhere* you browse the web(more is also sent, but we do not keep anything else). We are just very transparent about it. This is the default log option for our web server(nginx).
This website is not guaranteed to function or exist, at all, ever. If it happens to exist for a given moment in time, that's also great.
If the information on this website harms you, that's on you. We make no warranty that this information or website is worth more than dog poo(or anything, actually). No warranty is expressed or implied.
If you want to get in touch, email admin@ this domain.
In general the content here is copyright me, 2020 & 2021 and are available under the ISC license
Copyright 2020, 2021 Tara Sawyer
Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.